Saturday, July 11, 2026

The Desire of my Heart


She never knew the weight of my pain,
Yet her presence made me forget all of it.

I breathed her in like oxygen.
I felt her on my skin like the warmth of sunlight.
Without the thought of her,
my soul longs to leave my body.

Her memories feel more alive than her absence.
Every minute spent with her
felt like an eternity of happiness.
Her simple smile
could turn my darkest day
into radiant light.

When I kept asking myself what went wrong,
I found nothing but grief and pain.
So I chose instead
to cherish every beautiful moment we shared.

And then I realized
I never truly missed her.
She had already become one with my heartbeat;
now every beat carries a memory of her.

Maybe she wanted a love
that looked beautiful to the world.
But my love
would have been beautiful for her soul.

I would have filled her heart
with so much love
that she would have felt overwhelmed,
yet safe, cherished, and happy.

That a heart which loves sincerely,
an intention that remains pure,
and a soul that loves without conditions
will almost always be the one
that carries the deepest scars.

Perhaps the universe is teaching me
the quiet lessons of detachment.

Maybe that is nature's law.
Yet if loving her with all that I am
is the price I must pay,
I would choose that pain
over a lifetime of never having loved her at all.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...