Tuesday, July 21, 2026

The Weight of Kindness



I always believed being kind was enough,
that honesty would open every door.
So I kept giving without asking,
and wondered why I was left behind.

I worked quietly and helped everyone,
thinking my efforts would speak for me.
Then I learnt a hard truth
people only notice impact,
not the effort we put in.

I stayed silent to avoid hurting others,
calling it patience and humility.
But one day I realised,
being silent is not always being humble.

I remained where I wasn't valued,
because leaving felt selfish to me.
Later I understood,
fear can wear the mask of loyalty.

I never wanted to fight for my place,
I thought goodness alone would be enough.
Now I know,
goodness without wisdom becomes weakness.

We live a different world,
whom we help will turn against us,
whom we love will hate us,
the hands that we held will raise against.
the legs that we directed will kick us back.

Giving out everything to the wrong hand,
will always lead to empty yours.

Today, I am still kind at heart,
but I have learnt to value myself too.
I will never stop being good,
but I will never let my goodness make me invisible again.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...