Tuesday, July 21, 2026

To Love Is to Release


My love exists
without needing to possess her.
I never wanted her to stay
so that I could feel safe,
or so that I would never feel alone.

For real love is freedom
the freedom of the beloved,
and the freedom of the one who loves.

Had I asked her to stay
out of expectation, obligation,
or fear of loneliness,
it would not have been love.

It would have been a dependency.
And dependency
is only another name for a burden.
So I loved her, and I walked away.
Because my love
was never about her and me forever.

My love had begun to feel
like a cage around her dreams,
her freedom, and the life waiting ahead.

So I chose to love her,
and then release her to become fully herself.
I did not want her to stay
so I would not lose her,
or so I could feel complete.

Love built upon fear is not love at all.
So I loved, I served, and then I let go.
Perhaps, by stepping away
at the right moment,
I offered her the greatest gift I had,
space for her soul to breathe.

My love is not possession.
It is service, it is upliftment.
It is the quiet courage
to free the one I love,
even when it breaks my own heart.

I loved boldly, I loved sincerely.,
Now I love without clinging.
For sometimes the highest expression of love
is not staying.
it is having the strength to let go.

The greatest act of my love
is giving her the space to become whole,
even if my departure
is what makes it possible.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...