Wednesday, August 12, 2026

12th August




1,096 days ago, 156.57 weeks ago,
36 months ago, 26,299 hours ago
1,577,940 minutes ago, 94,676,400 seconds ago…

On a pleasant Saturday morning,
on this day we came together
for the first time,
and also for the last.

It was the happiest day,
and also the saddest.
Happy because she spent her time with me;
sad because that day will never come again.

We shared precious moments,
exchanged countless thoughts,
and had lunch together.
I wished that day would never end,
that time would become a loop,
and stay that way forever.

After which my presence slowly faded from her sight,
not all at once, but little by little.
My place in her days came to an end,
a moment I never imagined or expected.
My importance in her daily life diminished,
and she became certain it was no longer needed.

When I finally passed completely unnoticed,
I was angrier at myself than at anyone else.
Then I became invisible.

I found myself in a condition with no known cure.
She walked away,
because I was no longer young,
forgetting that every one of us
grows a day older
with every passing second.

Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...