Whenever a breeze passes by,
I search for her fragrance within it.
Sometimes I whisper a silent prayer…
May these winds
that brush against my face
have touched her too.
That thought alone
brings peace to my heart.
Perhaps even the breath
she once exhaled,
now wandering with the wind,
may one day find me.
When it softly brushes against my skin,
I close my eyes and believe,
for a moment, that she is beside me.
When the morning sunlight
falls upon my face,
I hope the very same light
shines upon her.
Though we are miles apart,
the sun brings us together.
On silent nights,
I look at the moon
and count the stars,
hoping she is looking at them too.
For a moment, distance disappears,
and the sky belongs to both of us.
Whenever I walk along a path,
I wonder if she once walked there before me.
Perhaps my feet
have touched the footprints of hers.
If they have,
then for one brief moment,
our journeys met, without us ever knowing.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment