I realised I was holding on to a false hope,
dreaming of a tomorrow
that would never come,
a future that was never there.
And somewhere along the way,
I was losing my peace.
I would have stood in front of a storm for her,
but she became the storm
I had to face it.
The very person
I had prayed for
became the reason
I was losing myself.
She broke the part of my heart
that believed she was its peace,
that believed she was its home.
My heart became convenient to her.
My love became something
that fed her pride.
I prepared my heart to love her,
my mind to stand beside her,
and my life to make room for her.
I loved her deeply.
Yet she destroyed me
without effort,
without weapons.
And the hardest part is,
I let her.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment