Tuesday, August 25, 2026

When In Love...


I became more protective of her happiness
my days were affected by her mood.
My constant thought was
what could I do better to make her happy?

And suddenly my priorities were about her well-being,
my emotional investment was increasing day by day,
and I was unable to control or stop myself.

Even when I was normal with others,
with her I became a complete idiot.
I forgot what I was doing or talking about,
I would smile often without any reason.

I felt an increase in my emotional excitement,
and all the small interactions felt intense.

I was living in a future with her,
a home, a family, a movie,
a life I wanted to live together.

A strange thing about this love was that
my brain started thinking about
and building a future with her,
a future I never even knew was possible.

My brain was doing more
than making me feel butterflies.
Now, when I think of the past,
I realise how being in love
made even the strangest behaviors
feel completely normal.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...