
When I leave this world,
I will leave my words for her.
every line will tell her
what my love was about.
My pain, may anger, my efforts,
and all words to her I never said,
they will remain on these pages.
She could read them when I am gone.
If my name ever crosses her mind,
she could read my words.
I do not ask to be remembered,
but my feelings deserve a place to rest,
she could read in my words
for that place is hers.
Life takes us in different directions.
Time changes faces, places, and memories.
One day I may become
just a passing thought.
If that day ever comes,
she could read my words.
I love her during ordinary moments,
and in simple conversations.
I love her smiles,
which I can no longer see.
I loved even her silence
and distance between us.
She could read them,
for no words were ever enough.
Ask her not to search for me in the past,
if she remembers.
Do not search in the memories
or in the places where we once met.
she could read my words,
and find the kindness I always carried for her.
My love never asked to be remembered,
only to be accepted.
Until my last breath,
she will remain in every prayer
I whisper for her happiness.
And if these words
ever find their way to her,
She could read them,
and know one simple truth,
my love was always real.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind
No comments:
Post a Comment