Thursday, August 20, 2026

Living With Her Emptiness


Often, it the places we once were,
certain dates in the calendar,
a song, a words I hear, a familiar smell,
Sometimes so small,
and all the pain returns,
like it had no place to go.

I wish I had a switch
I could turn off
So forget her for a while.
But the truth is
she is never away from my thoughts
not even for a millisecond.

I have learned to live
without the version of life
I once wanted to live with her.

In this enormous world,
she came into life,
stayed for a while
and touched some parts
I never knew existed.

And when she left
She left something of her behind,
a permanent mark on my heart,
that neither I nor time
could completely erase it.

Life keeps moving forward,
But sometimes my mind stays behind.
I see her in places she has never been.
I hear songs she never sang.
I remember her
In moments that have nothing to do with her.
I feel like a ghost of her
is seated on my shoulders.

And then, one night
I looked up at the sky.
The moon looks beautiful,
But somehow I see her in it.

And maybe that is what she is to me now
like the moon, still beautiful,
but too far away for me to hold.
Not by asking her to come back,
Not trying to reach her,
but by admiring her from a distance
and being grateful that once
she was close enough to become a part of me.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...