All my life, people have told me I am too nice,
As if being kind is something I will one day regret
I have always given it freely,
By sharing it could never reduce my balance.
People see my open heart
And mistake it for an empty one.
They don't see the battles I have survived,
Not fought with fists,
But with my heart and mind.
Battles against my family
Against friends who became strangers.
This world has tried to make me cruel,
To turn my softness into harshness.
But I refuse to become
What once hurt me.
Yes, people have taken advantage of me.
I gave my best,
only to be left behind,
Like a banana peel,
thrown away after the fruit was enjoyed.
Still, I choose kindness,
Not because I don't understand the world.
But I do...
I know how cold it can be,
And I refuse to add to that coldness.
So don't mistake my kindness for weakness
Or my silence for ignorance.
My gentleness is my strength,
And my kindness is an act of courage.
I choose to be a light,
Even when the road is wrapped in darkness.
People think my kindness makes me weak,
That my calmness means I don't understand.
But I am soft like the petals of a flower,
And fierce as burning fire.
Still, it is the strongest choice,
I make it every single day.
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment