Wednesday, August 5, 2026

My Invisible Wounds



I cannot unlove the only person
whose presence once made
my heart leap with joy,
who carried me into peaceful sleep
where beautiful dreams waited.

I'll always love her,
whether she ever knows or not.
Time may change everything else,
but this never will.

Only the gods know whether I'll find her
in another lifetime,
or if this one is our final goodbye.
Even the shadow of her memory
still captivates me,
following me through every moment
I cannot escape.

I am surviving with what
what I once believed would destroy me.
The weight of her memory
rests heavily upon my heart.
This life's road stretches farther
than hope can see,
and some days the pain
is more than I can carry.

My silence is a prison,
her distance is my punishment,
a quiet cruelty that wounds
both my heart and my soul.

Still, I long to meet her
just onece more,
if only she would reveal
her true face,
stripped of every mask,
free from every worldly disguise,
showing me the person she truly is.

Perhaps then I would finally know
whether I fell in love with who she is,
or with the woman
she kept hidden from everyone.

Until that answer finds me,
I will carry these invisible wounds,
not because they refuse to heal,
but because they were left
by the only love
I never wished to lose.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...