Sunday, August 2, 2026

She Took The Map



With her beside me
I drew a roadmap to a future
I dreamed we would travel together.

Every hope had a destination.
Every dream knew its way.
For the first time,
my heart wasn't afraid of tomorrow.

Then she walked away.
She took the map with her,
leaving me to wander through life,
standing at every crossroads,
not knowing which road was still mine.

Sometimes,
I feel like whispering,
"Forgive my absence."
But then I remember…
she has learned
to live happily without me.
Perhaps my presence
would only disturb
the peace she has found.

She gave me the deepest heartbreak
I have ever known.
I grew tired of fighting with her,
and even more tired
of fighting for her.
Love should never need constant proof.

So I stopped trying to convince her
of what my heart had been saying all along.

Some endings arrive without explanations.
Some people are only meant
to change our lives,
do not stay in them.

Maybe she entered mine
to give me love
to teach me pain,
and to take away the version of me
who believed that love alone
could make someone stay.

Now, I fold away the unfinished map.
Not because I have forgotten her,
but because every journey
must continue…
even when the one you wished
to walk beside has chosen another road.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...