Saturday, August 22, 2026

Thank You for the Memories


I have complained
for all that she never gave me.
But I never thanked her,
for giving what I carry now.

I know I am going to miss her
for the rest of my life.
She could find someone new someday
but the memories we shared together
will always remain with me.

She stayed in life for a short time,
but it gave me memories for this lifetime.
I would cherish each moment spent with her,
though there were some painful ones too.

Happy moments with her
was like a grand cruise ship,
that carried me across calm waters.
Her hatred became a tsunami,
destroying my whole world,
and leaving my emotion silent.

Few fights and arguments like ocean waves
but never from within my heart.
Irony, she loves some people
for what they are not,
and hates me for what I truly am.

I have faced battles and fights
but nothing scared me more than loving her.
Not because I feared of losing,
but because I feared failing.
It was about responsibility...
the responsibility of caring for her.

I was always afraid that my love
no matter how true
would never be enough,
for the person I want to protect.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...