Sunday, August 16, 2026

The Day of My Death




I'm not afraid of death.
To me, it is where pain comes to rest.

The day death comes,
I hope it arrives quietly,
without warning.

When I open the door
and let it in,
I don't want it to find
regret, desperation, anger,
or a life left unlived.

I want to face it with a quiet heart.
I want to tell it,
"Yes, I lived.
Yes, I loved.
And that was enough."

But I know
I will never be able to say that
until I have lived beside her
and loved her completely.

Instead, I became only a small part
of her story,
a story that may never be told.

She found a place deep inside my heart,
made it her own,
and that is where she will remain forever.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...