My love was written in the quiet moments,
between her breath and heart beat.
With every heartbeat
I will love her a little more,
more than the one before.
What greater miracle could there be,
than the day she calls my name?
I speak to her emptiness,
through my silence.
Even If the stars forget to shine,
my heart will still find its way to hers.
Every memory burns me like a flame,
and every wound still carries her name.
The warmth of her breath,
woke something inside me,
desires I never knew were waiting to be felt.
I was searching for a place,
I had never seen,
only to realise
that place was never meant for me.
I let her go as herself,
but somewhere in my heart I still hoped
she would return as mine.
Maybe that was my sin,
the sins of loving, caring, respecting her.
But somewhere down the lane,
I was still waiting for my love
to be returned.
Still, loving her will never die,
but eventually I will, by loving her.
Sometimes I wish I could hold her close
and tell her how much I miss her,
and I chose her among billions of faces.
And all I ever wanted was for her
to be happy,
even if that happiness
was never meant to be with me.
But she chose to keep me unhappy forever,
as if my love deserved to be hurt forever.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment