I was fond of her,
but she never even had me in her thoughts.
Her beautiful, sweet words were like nectar.
yet her actions caused me unbearable pain.
Leaving her was not easy,
I had to kill so many things within myself.
But more than my own happiness,
I gave importance to hers.
My heart pains
for she appeared sweet to my eyes
but pricked my heart like thorns.
She once was sweet
but now has become cruel toward me.
I was loyal to my heart,
but she was for her emotions.
I listened to my mind,
while she listened to her feelings.
I was bound by love,
but she was bound for her thoughts.
When I was fighting myself for her,
she built walls against me with her emotions.
Mine was loyalty rooted in principles
while hers was loyalty rooted in emotions.
I remained true to my heart,
while she remained true to her own thoughts.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment