Friday, August 7, 2026

Why I Stay Away



Even if I make hundreds of efforts,
she will never change.
It will not suddenly make her love me,
understand me
or respect me.
So I remain silent
and slowly detach myself from her.

Sometimes I feel
her memories alone
are enough to carry me through life.
It feels like as though
I am cursed with a divine love,
the kind that refuses to fade,
even when I know
she is no longer part of my life,
our journey ended long ago,
and we will never meet again.

And even if we did,
there would be nowhere left to go.
No present. No future.
She would still belong
only to my past.

Now I am alone
moving flesh and bones,
a body without a soul.
My mind wanders,
not towards the future,
but endlessly through yesterday.

My heart continues to beat,
not because it is alive,
but because it has learned to survive.

My emotions have run dry.
There are no more dreams,
no more joy,
none of the quiet happiness
I once found
simply in her presence.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...