Monday, September 7, 2026

Missing The Person I Was With Her


My presence became a cushion
in a world of hers
that never really had a place for me.

I didn't disappear to punish her.
I disappeared to loosen
the attachment I had to her.

I once thought being seen,
being available, being constant,
that was what love meant.
But somewhere along the way,
I was simply taken for granted.

My identity became too tied to her.
Maybe my love felt less like freedom
and more like dependence on her presence.

And then I had to ask myself...
How much of me was truly me
when I was with her?
And how much of me remained
when she wasn't there?
Maybe that is where the answer lies.

When I was around her,
my words became too many.
My voice, my advice,
my help, my care...
everything I gave
slowly became background noise.

I slept with her dreams
and forgot to wake up.
Because being with her in my dreams
felt almost the same
as being with her in real life.

Maybe I wasn't only missing her.
Maybe I was missing
the person I had become
while loving her.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...