I do not want to become
just another follower…
lost among numbers
on Instagram, Facebook,
or any platform.
I am not just another connection.
I am the connection
connected to her soul,
the one no one else
could ever see.
I am a worshipper.
I know how to love her.
She is my divine,
and I have built a shrine for her
somewhere deep within me...
a place no one can enter,
a place where she exists
untouched by the world.
She may have
four hundred followers,
but I know she will never have
a worshipper quite like me.
She may follow
three hundred people,
but numbers will never measure
what I would do for her.
Because I would love
every curve, every edge,
every wound, every scar,
every wrinkle, every little mark upon her skin.
Every mole, every imperfection
the world might ask her to hide,
I would kiss them all.
And I would still look toward the heavens
and thank the gods for letting her exist,
no matter how she looks,
no matter how time changes her,
no matter what the world
chooses to see.
Distance means nothing.
Silence means nothing.
Absence means nothing
when love has already
made a home within me.
Even if she never speaks,
even if she never comes closer,
a part of my world will always stop
when it comes to her.
That is how I adore her.
Not as a follower
watching from a distance,
not as a name
among hundreds of connections,
but as someone
who found something divine
in her existence.
That is how I love her.
And that is how she stays in me.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment